Re: Toolbar for a runform session (Forms 4.5)

From: Swapan Jha <jhas_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/08/31

In <422gn2$2h9_at_reeve.research.aa.wl.com> Dowswea_at_aa.wl.com (Andrew Dowswell) writes:

>I would like to use the same toolbar for multiple forms (you know,
 actual MDI
>functionality). All I can get so far is a toolbar for a window or a
 toolbar
>for a form. Is there a way to create a toolbar that will act on all
 forms or
>does it have to be referenced from each form? Anyone else do this?

Create a new form as Horizontal or Vertical Toolbar canvas type. Add all your buttons and triggers, etc.
  Once you are done with your toolbar coding, create one Object Group (Object Navigator) called toolbar.Drag and drop all the objects that is in the form, i.e. blocks, canvas, windows, etc. you can not drag and drop Program units. save and generate you form.

Now open you form where you want to put your toolbar i.e. form A. Drag and drop the object group 'Toolbar' from your toolbar form to form A, When you do this, it will ask you wether to reference or copy the code, its your choice. if you refernce, then strip the path name and the toolbar.fmx should be in your working dir or Forms45_path.

Now Open Property sheet for form A, add your toolbar name to either

       Horiz. MDI Toolbar
      or Vert. MDI Toolbar (Display Property for the form module 'A')
depending upon what canvas you picked when you created the toolbar. generate and run, it should work.

Swapan Jha Received on Thu Aug 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message