Re: Grant privileges to role question ???

From: Kim Hughes <Kim=Hughes%NA%Contractors_at_bangate.compaq.com>
Date: 1995/08/31

tung_at_system9.unisys.com (Tung Nguyen) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is my question. Can someone help me out:
>
> I would like to allow other users be able to look at any
> table in my schema so what I am doing is:
>
> create a role read_all_table;
> grant select on table1 to read_all_table;
> grant select on table2 to read_all_table;
> grant read_all_table to user1;
> grant read_all_table to user2;
>
> The problem is, each time I create a new table I have to do a
> grant select on that table to the role read_all_table.
>
> Note that, I don't have privilege to grant select any table.
>
> Is there any other way? or I have to live with that.
>
> Very much appreciated from your help.
>
> Tung Nguyen (tung_at_system9.unisys.com)
You don't need select any table priv if you are granting select on tables in your schema. You grant select to the role and the users grant the role automatically have select upon login.

D. Kim Hughes
DRT Systems International
Houston, TX
(713)868-5537 Received on Thu Aug 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message