Re: Exporting stored procedures

From: Russ Seligman <rseligma_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1995/08/28

In article <41fic8$aoc_at_ixnews4.ix.netcom.com> davidjh_at_ix.netcom.com (David J. Hendrickson ) writes:
> I'm running O7.1.3 and would like to export my stored procedures daily.
> Reading through the documentation it seems the only way to accomplish
> this would be to export by user or do a full database export.

This is very easy to do using Oracle Procedure Builder, a must-have product for anyone developing stored procedures. You can write a Procedure Builder script and have it execute nightly. You would probably use the following Procedure Builder commands:

  • LOAD (to copy a stored program unit into the Procedure Builder client)
  • EXPORT (to write it to a file)

Your script can loop through all stored program units in your server (reading values from the appropriate DBA tables), and write out each one.

--Russ

Russ Seligman                 "If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe
Oracle Corporation             there's something wrong with the universe."
rseligma_at_us.oracle.com           --Beverly Crusher, ST:TNG