Re: PL/SQL Pragmas

From: Contractor - Yuk Hon <jychan_at_corp.hp.com>
Date: 1995/08/11

Brian C Hogue (paubh4+_at_pitt.edu) wrote:
: Hi There,

: I'm working with create a stored function. I got the
: function to work for my account. I got this error when trying
: to use it from another account, to which I had granted execute on
: the stored function.

: from the error messages file:
: 06571, 00000, "Function %s does not guarantee not to update database"
: // *Cause: A plsql function that does not have a pragma asserting that it
: // does not write any database state is referenced in a sql statement.
: // Such functions cannot be used in sql statements.
: // *Action: Recreate the function and/or the functions it calls with the pragma

: The only pragma I've found documented is one called EXCEPTION_INIT.
: Can someone point me to where the rest of the pragmas are documented?

try looking up PRAGMA restrict_references ... i would think it would be in the PL/SQL guides but don't have one handy at the moment.

jc Received on Fri Aug 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message