PL/SQL Pragmas

From: Brian C Hogue <paubh4+_at_pitt.edu>
Date: 1995/08/09

Hi There,

        I'm working with create a stored function. I got the function to work for my account. I got this error when trying to use it from another account, to which I had granted execute on the stored function.

from the error messages file:
06571, 00000, "Function %s does not guarantee not to update database"
// *Cause: A plsql function that does not have a pragma asserting that it

//          does not write any database state is referenced in a sql statement.
//          Such functions cannot be used in sql statements.

// *Action: Recreate the function and/or the functions it calls with the pragma

        The only pragma I've found documented is one called EXCEPTION_INIT. Can someone point me to where the rest of the pragmas are documented?

                Thanks,

                Brian

Brian C. Hogue                                                paubh4+_at_pitt.edu
Systems Analyst                                                        TIP#122
University of Pittsburgh "These opinions are mine - who else would want them?"