Re: Anyone using SQL Windows + ORACLE?

From: Rain Tree Crow - Steven Ray Lane <rtcrow_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/08/04

DAVID CARMICHAEL <72360.3715_at_CompuServe.COM> wrote:
>I am using Quest and SQL Windows to access an ORACLE7 database
>but when I create a new query in Quest the dialog box with the
>list of tables and views is blank. If I type in a table name then
>I get the data just fine but I really would like the table list
>to work. The same thing happens in SQL Windows database browser.
>If anyone is using Quest or SQL Windows to access a ORACLE7
>database and it works please contact me.

David, Did you run the VIEW7.ORA file that comes with SQLWindows? If not, that could be the source of your problem. I am using SQLWindows and Personal Oracle7 and it works just fine. The VIEW7.ORA needs to be run in SQLPlus or SQLDBA against the 'SYS' account.

I hope this helps.

--

Steven Ray

"Being Miserable Builds Character"
- Bill Watterson

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus"
- Mark Twain