Re: Anyone using SQL Windows + ORACLE?

From: John Marcus <jmarcus_at_spirit.com.au>
Date: 1995/08/13

DAVID CARMICHAEL <72360.3715_at_CompuServe.COM> wrote:

>I am using Quest and SQL Windows to access an ORACLE7 database
>but when I create a new query in Quest the dialog box with the
>list of tables and views is blank. If I type in a table name then
>I get the data just fine but I really would like the table list
>to work. The same thing happens in SQL Windows database browser.
>If anyone is using Quest or SQL Windows to access a ORACLE7
>database and it works please contact me.

Have you run "view7.ora" under the "sys" userid. This script (provided with SQL*Windows) creates the necessary views required by SQL*Windows to run "correctly" on an ORACLE 7.x database.

John Marcus (jmarcus_at_spirit.com.au)
Database Administration
Australian Bureau of Statistics
Canberra, Australia Received on Sun Aug 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message