Job Posting: Systems Analyst, Philadelphia

From: Anthony J. Frisby, Ph.D. <frisby_at_jeflin.tju.edu>
Date: 1995/08/04

Job Posting: Systems Analyst

A position is open in the Office of Academic Computing at Thomas Jefferson University.

Duties and responsibilities associated with this position are as follows:

  • Actively participate in database modelling.
  • Design/develop ORACLE based applications in a client/server environment.
  • Develop HTML and ORACLE based applications on the Internet.
  • Perform database and UNIX systems administration work.
  • Install and maintain software on RS/6000 server.

We are seeking a highly effective communicator with demonstrated abilities for collaborative, as well as, independent work, in a very challenging and dynamic database environment.

Qualifications for this position include three or four years of ORACLE database design/application development experience. Must have a strong background in SQL and PL/SQL programming with tools such as SQL*PLUS, ORACLE Card and/or ORACLE Forms 4.x. Must be familiar with HTML and CGI programming. Experience with UNIX-based client/server systems is required; RS/6000 AIX experience preferred.

A B.S. in Computer/Information Science or related degree is required.

Thomas Jefferson University offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.

If you are interested, or can refer a qualified candidate, please contact Dr. Murray.

| Rodney B. Murray, Ph.D.                   Director of Academic Computing |
| Thomas Jefferson University                e-mail: murray_at_jeflin.tju.edu |
| Academic Information Services & Research               fax: 215.923.5294 |
| 1020 Walnut St., 114 Scott Bldg                      voice: 215.955.4965 |
| Philadelphia, PA 19107-5587                http://oac1.oac.tju.edu/~rod/ |

Anthony J. Frisby, Ph.D.
Thomas Jefferson University
frisby_at_jeflin.tju.edu