ORA-06466 Error Message

From: Scott Randall <randalls_at_teleport.com>
Date: 1995/08/04

Our firm has approximately 45 users connecting to an Oracle database which tracks documents created on our network. Recently one user will get an ORA-06466: NETSPX: Error sending SPX packets error message. This user must reboot their computer and reconnect to the database. Every other user connected to the database when the first user receives the ORA-06466 message receives the following message:

ORA-03114: Not connected to ORACLE.

Every user is disconnected and everyone must reboot their computers. This error seems to go in waves and can occur up to 5 times in one day and then disappear for a few weeks. There is no unusual network traffic or high CPU utilization on the Oracle server. We're running Oracle v.7.0.15.5.1 on NetWare with SQL*Net SPX Server v. 1.1.1.5. Tech support has never encountered this problem before and is uncertain what might be causing it. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Received on Fri Aug 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message