Re: Oracle Procedure Builder - intended use?

From: Patrick Ryan <pat_at_chinook.halcyon.com>
Date: 1995/07/18

Procedure Builder at this time only supports PL/SQL v1.0. The next release will support the current version and is slated for September. (All according to the last tech. support call I made on the subject.) At that point, there should be support for packages, et al.

The product itself is a full feature debugger. You can set breakpoints, watchpoints, watch the code as it runs, examine variables etc.

Your best bet is the the manual for the product (Procedure Builder 1.5) for any specific questions...

-Pat Ryan
 pat_at_halcyon.com

Jeff Page (74200.1277_at_CompuServe.COM) wrote:
: I am also trying to find out more about this product. My
: impression so far is that it must be the least used of all Oracle
: products <g>!

: I did not realize it cannot handle packages - I have in fact been
: putting my stored procedures in a package...

: I would also appreciate an explanation of what Procedure Builder
: REALLY does!!!

: