Re: Oracle Procedure Builder - intended use?

From: Russ Seligman <rseligma_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1995/07/18

In article <3u6j52$ous$1_at_mhafm.production.compuserve.com> Jeff Page <74200.1277_at_CompuServe.COM> writes:
> I did not realize it cannot handle packages - I have in fact been
> putting my stored procedures in a package...

I don't know where you heard this, but it's not true. Procedure Builder handles packages just fine.

> I would also appreciate an explanation of what Procedure Builder
> REALLY does!!!

Procedure Builder is a GUI, interactive PL/SQL editor, compiler, and debugger. It graphically displays all stored program units and database triggers, and allows you to drag-and-drop them onto the client for debugging, then back to the server for deployment. The PL/SQL debugger is the only one on the market that lets you set breakpoints, step through your code, and examine and change the values of local variables.

--Russ

Russ Seligman                 "If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe
Oracle Corporation             there's something wrong with the universe."
rseligma_at_us.oracle.com           --Beverly Crusher, ST:TNG