Re: Oracle Procedure Builder - intended use?

From: Russ Seligman <rseligma_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1995/07/04

In article <804541639.21826_at_imp.demon.co.uk> Paul Gowers <paul_at_tdbsoft.demon.co.uk> writes:
>It is my understanding that this product is intended for developing
>client side pl/sql (hence pl/sql v1), so it wouldn't support pl/sql v2
>features, although it could be used to develop packages which could then
>be migrated to the server.

That analysis is not quite right. Oracle Procedure Builder 1.5 supports PL/SQL V1 on the client side, and PL/SQL V2 on the server side. Therefore, you can't yet develop program units containing V2 constructs on the client, then drag them to the server. However, you definitely can use Procedure Builder to develop V2 PL/SQL directly on the server.

--Russ

Russ Seligman                 "If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe
Oracle Corporation             there's something wrong with the universe."
rseligma_at_us.oracle.com           --Beverly Crusher, ST:TNG