Re: Procedure Builder and standard functions

From: Stefan Richter <Stefan.Richter_at_Materna.DE>
Date: 1995/07/11

In article <1995Jul8.170439.12624_at_wmdhh.wmd.de>, rose_at_wmdhh.wmd.de says...
#>
#>Hi netters!
#>
#>I am trying to use Procedure Builder to debug my stored procedures.
#>When I drag those procedures from the database to the local "Program
#Units"
#>compilation terminates with
#>ERROR 306 at line 1258, column 21
#> wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'to_number'
#>
#>This could be an obvious error, BUT I get this error with functions
#like
#>- to_number( )
#>- dbms_output.put_line()
#>- substr()
#>- "||"
#>
#>E.g. to_number( NULL ) is allowed in SQL and and PL/SQL, but is not
#accepted
#>by Procedure Builder.
#>
#>I then had a look into the builtin packages and saw that functions like
#>"||" have an own prototype.
#>
#>Is it possible to tell Procedure Builder not to use the builtin
#functions.
#>
#>Do I need to remove all PL/SQL lines from my stored procedures which
#use
#>e.g. "dbms_output" or " var1 := var2 || var3 || var4;" ?
#>
#>Any help very much appreciated
#>
#>TIA, Axel

You didn't write what PL/SQL versions you use ...

Current ORACLE server PL/SQL version is V2.1, but Procedure Builder provides only V1.1.

So, if you use Procedure Builder PL/SQL to compile V2.1 procedures, some errors could occur ...
Nevertheless you can use Procedure Builder to compile V2.1 procedures, not local "Program Units" (compiling by Procedure Builder itself), but stored procedures on your server (compiling by server PL/SQL).

Stefan Received on Tue Jul 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message