Procedure Builder and standard functions

From: Axel Rose <rose_at_wmdhh.wmd.de>
Date: 1995/07/08

Hi netters!

I am trying to use Procedure Builder to debug my stored procedures. When I drag those procedures from the database to the local "Program Units" compilation terminates with
ERROR 306 at line 1258, column 21

  wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'to_number'

This could be an obvious error, BUT I get this error with functions like
- to_number( )

  • dbms_output.put_line()
  • substr()
  • "||"

E.g. to_number( NULL ) is allowed in SQL and and PL/SQL, but is not accepted by Procedure Builder.

I then had a look into the builtin packages and saw that functions like "||" have an own prototype.

Is it possible to tell Procedure Builder not to use the builtin functions.

Do I need to remove all PL/SQL lines from my stored procedures which use e.g. "dbms_output" or " var1 := var2 || var3 || var4;" ?

Any help very much appreciated

TIA, Axel

--
Axel Rose - Hamburg, Germany     "Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!
e-mail: rose_at_wmdhh.wmd.de         Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,