Re: Need help - Sqlnet v2 with Windows 95

From: Paul Teague <teague_paul>
Date: 1995/07/05

Rob Ruddy <ruddy.rob_at_ic.gc.ca> wrote:
>I am using sqlnet version 2 for tcpip. I am running Windows 95
>on my client. I can't seem to connect to our oracle (v7)
>database using any of the tools I have installed on the client.
>ie: sqlplus v3.1.2.2.6 or Data Browser v1.0.9.10 etc.
>
>What should be specified in oracle.in for TCP_VENDOR in this
>scenario? Any suggestions would be appreciated? Thanks.

I am ignorant of Windows '95. Does it include it's own tcp/ip stack or are you using some other vendors software. Most products for windows have TCP_VENDOR=winsock So that sqlnet will use the winsock.dll You also have to have the TCP_SERVICES_FILE=<some dir>/services defined. Note that the default services.hlp that comes with sqlnet v2 is probably DEFINED WRONG. Your server probably has the port defined as LISTENER 1521/tcp
and your windows sqlnet has it defined as LISTENER 1584/tcp
Developers of different platforms at Oracle CORP do not talk to one another. Good Luck

--
Paul Teague    Systems Engineer/Unix Admin/Oracle DBA
E-mail: teague_paul_at_.bah.com