Re: Real Oracle programmers use ... what?

From: Phil Chang <pxchang0_at_sunspot.wcc.com>
Date: 1995/06/16

In article <3rp8ss$bvb_at_atlas.bgers.co.uk> bainbridge.i_at_bgers.co.uk writes:
#
# Tommy,
#
# I've used SQR since 1988. Sure it's got its weaknesses but what hasn't ?
# We use it as a replacement for 3GL's. We do a lot of things with it other
# than reports. I like it and it does the job.
#
# Feel free to contact me for any specific details you may require.
#--

SQR is an easy to use and well designed language. It also runs faster than corresponding sqlplus scripts.

Its major limitations are 1) can't use bind variables in group by's, and 2) can't fire off store procedures. At least in the version we're using.

It's also much easier to learn than C or C++. Any decent programmer should be able to learn most of it in a week or less. You certainly can't make that claim with C.

Phil Received on Fri Jun 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message