Re: Real Oracle programmers use ... what?

From: DRathbun <drathbun_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/06/16

In article <3rp8l8$ne3_at_solaris.cc.vt.edu>, Thomas Dunbar <tdunbar_at_gserver.grads.vt.edu> writes:

>Real Oracle programmers use C
>Programmers of Real Oracle use PL/SQL since it's there
>Real Programmers for Oracle use Perl since not everything's there (in
 PL/SQL)

I'm using perl (actually oraperl, for the obvious reason!) at a client right now. If you have any shell scripting, RPT, C, or just about any "structured language" experience - if you have any SQL knowledge <grin> - then you can pick up perl and run with it in about an hour or so. Very little learning curve, very neat tool, and it's free! How can you beat that?

Performance has been very good. We're using it against an installation of Oracle Financials because the client is using a character based front end and didn't want to use the canned reports from SQL*ReportWriter 2.x.

Dave Rathbun
Integra Solutions
Dallas, TX
DRathbun_at_AOL.com Received on Fri Jun 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message