Re: HELP: PO7 CREATE DATABASE

From: Dave Mausner <d-mausner_at_nwu.edu>
Date: 1995/06/11

In article <3r9j0q$rll_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, roywagner_at_aol.com says...

>I went through all the steps to CREATE a new DATABASE and seem to have one
>(all the steps seemed to work), but when I try to start it up (using the
>Database Manager) and add to it to my list(currently only has oracle7=2 in
>it), I get the error message:
>
> ORA-03121 no interface driver connected - function not performed

i hope it says "oracle7=2:" with a final colon, else it may not know what interface driver to use. if you are still having trouble with the alias, select the "2:" database directly in the database-name box of the manager. also be sure \windows\oracle.ini contains the line "LOCAL=2:".

--
Dave Mausner, Sr. Consultant, Braun Technology Group, Chicago.