Re: 2G limit on tablespaces

From: Gordon E. Hooker <gordonh_at_acslink.net.au>
Date: 1995/06/11

cgohring_at_reebok (Carl Gohringer) wrote:

>robertp_at_crux.csis.dit.csiro.au (Robert Andrew Power) writes:
>: I've just installed Oracle 7.1.6 on a SPARC 20 Dual Processor
>: with a 6Gb Storage Array running Solaris 2.4.
>:
>: When I create a tablespace of size 2048M it fails, but if I
>: create one of size 2047M everythings fine.
>:
>: Is there a 2G limit on creating tablespaces in the documentation and
>: I've missed it - or is somethng weird going on with my installation?
>:
>: Robert Power
>:

What is ulimit set to for your UNIX systems... There is also a limit for some versions of UNIX that can't seek over 2 GBytes.

>Exactly what does "Falling over" entail?
>Any error numbers?

Gordon Hooker MACS PCP                                     ,--_|\
25 Clarke Street, Ripley, Queensland, 4306, Australia     /      \
gordonh_at_acslink.net.au                                    \_.--._/
mobile: 018883835 phone: 61-7-2889716                           V
    "We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl year after year"
                                                             Pink Floyd