Re: Help! Oracle Reportwriter problem...

From: Philip Chee <philip_at_aleytys.pc.my>
Date: 1995/06/02

In article <3qk51h$ljq_at_nuscc.nus.sg> chantz_at_iscs.nus.sg writes:

>I'm programming using C on Unix and calling Oracle Reportwriter to print
>some reports. The Oracle Reportwriter version is 2.0, running on HP 9000
>server. If I'm printing a 1000 page report and the printer jams at page 900,
>is it possible for me to restart printing from page 901 onwards or do I
>have to start from page one ?

>The Oracle Reportwriter does not seem to provide a way to pass page numbers
>or to instruct reportwriter to print specific pages. Is there some
>workaround or can I control this from the Unix OS spooler ?

We are users of Oracle Financials 9 which is built on Oracle Tools and are facing a similar problem when our 500 page reports jam on page 490. The solution I am looking at, at the moment, is a third party print spooler which replaces the native unix lp system.

Currently I am evaluating a demo of EzSpooler which seem to have the features we want. I am also waiting for a demo of LP Plus (another unix print spooler) to arrive. Incidentally the distributor for both is CCNS in Singapore so they are just a local phone call away.

Tell Eddy I sent you. Cheers!

Philip

|Philip Chee: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my| This is a work of fiction.Any resemblance |
|Tasek Cement Berhad              |  to persons living or dead is completely  |
|P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA| coincidental. The creator of this article |
|Voice: +605-551-011              |    has asserted its moral right to be     |
|  Fax: +605-566-142              |          identified as the author.        |
+-------------------Eigi-Eru-Enn-Allir-Jomsvikingar-Daudir!-------------------+
... I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.
---
 * TLX v4.00 *