Re: Help! DBMS_OUTPUT problem

From: Doris Jetz <yeer_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1995/06/02

In article <3qilqd$nr_at_eliza.netaxis.com>, rajul_at_netaxis.com says...

>Hi everyone!
> I tried to use PUT_LINE in a PL*SQL procedure. The procedure
 compiled
> correctly.
> But when I ran it through sqlplus or sqldba, it did not display results
> on the screen. I set serveroutput on, before running the procedure.
> Am I doing something wrong or missed some steps?
> I am using Oracle v7.0.16.
> Any pointer regarding this problem is greatly appreciated.
> Raju Lokhande
> rajul_at_netaxis.com

Try putting 'set serveroutput on size 200000' or some other buffer size suitable to your system.

Also if your PL/SQL is in the form of a stored procedure, the put_line stuff won't work. put_line will stuff it is a named pipe and you have to use oracle dbms.debug function to unstuff the pipe to get the messages out. This is also not the greatest but unless you have the procedure builder, it might be the only way to try to debug your code. Received on Fri Jun 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message