Re: TNS Listener starting problems

From: Jonathan Lewis <ora_mail_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/06/02

In article <beumerh.100.0044BBBD_at_cts.com> beumerh_at_cts.com "Hal Beumer" writes:

: We have a very similar problem only with Oracle 7.1.4 on Solaris 2.4 . With us
: it is intermittent. Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't
: work, it doesn't work on all. When it works, it works on all (we have 7
: Solaris 2.4 Servers) We also have Oracle running on 2 HPUX 9.05 Servers where
: the same LISTENER parameter file works just fine.

I have a vaguely similar setup, I guess. In my case 2 separate machines in no way connected:

    7.0.16 and 7.1.3 on an HP-UX,
    7.1.4 x 2 instances on Solaris 2.4
    Two lots of information in both listener.ora files etc.

The odd thing about the listener behaviour is that 'lsnrctl start' does not work on the Sun unless both the instances are up; however 'lsnrctl start' works perfectly on the HP irrespective of whether I have 7.0.16, 7.1.3 or both instances up.

--
Jonathan Lewis