Re: Question: 'execute_query' in Forms 4.5

From: Salaam Yitbarek <bi495_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 1995/06/02

Kalpesh S Patel (kpatel_at_osf1.gmu.edu) writes:
> If your field you are trying to place '<' or '>' is a NUMBER field
> forms4.5 will not like it. Make the field CHARACTER to make it work.
> You can still use format mask to force use only numberic values.
>
> Hope this helps.

   Thanks to everyone for all the advice, in spite of an unclear question.

   The answer is that, in order to make Forms treat '<'-type characters literally in a query field, they must be enclosed in quotes, preceded by a '#', or something of that sort. I must experiment to find out, as I can't see anything in the manuals concerning this.

Salaam Yitbarek     Received on Fri Jun 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message