Re: TNS Listener starting problems

From: Bill O'Brien <bill_at_lanternette.com>
Date: 1995/06/04

Jonathan Lewis <ora_mail_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> The odd thing about the listener behaviour is that 'lsnrctl start' does not
> work on the Sun unless both the instances are up; however 'lsnrctl start'
> works perfectly on the HP irrespective of whether I have 7.0.16, 7.1.3 or
> both instances up.
>
> --
> Jonathan Lewis

        I am having "lots" of fun with the listener on an 88open platform. It appears that listener reads your /etc/oratab file as part of its "startup". Maybe this might explain your situation?

        My "fun" centers around the listener starting up O.K., but after anywhere from 15 seconds to 5 hours the process dies w/o any trace in the trace files.

        Anybody have any wisdom for me? Received on Sun Jun 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message