Re: Tables accessed from forms/triggers ?

From: Jonathan Wayne Ingram <jwingram_at_whale.st.usm.edu>
Date: 1995/05/26

Stan Novinsky (stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu) wrote:
: I created several tables in my own schema. I granted users
: the SELECT priv to access the tables. When I run the Form
: I have no problem accessing the tables. The Form extracts
: data from the tables by executing the Select clause from a trigger.

: If a user logs in as him/herself via the Oracle username/pass and
: runs the Form, an error occurs. If the user logs in as me, it
: works. The problem may be that the select clause
: is using the table name only and not prefixing it with my name
: as the owner (ie. tablename vs. OPS$STAN.tablename).

: Is there a way to grant a priv or something to allow a user to execute
: my Form ...
Yes, I think. I am assuming that these tables are only in your schema. Have each user create a private synonym for each of your tables that he/she has been granted access to. Then, the forms will run against your tables when run under their user ids.

Jonathan Received on Fri May 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message