Re: Q: Oracle Forms 4.0 ROLLBACKS?

From: Jonathan Wayne Ingram <jwingram_at_whale.st.usm.edu>
Date: 1995/05/15

Steve Driscoll (driscos_at_haven.ios.com) wrote:
: I'm running Oracle Forms 4.0.12 on a dec station 3000. I have a WHEN-
: BUTTON-PRESSED trigger attached to my "Cancel" button in which I would
: like to issue a ROLLBACK or CLEAR_FORM. (They're actually the same in
: this instance.) However, when I issue the rollback, all the non-base-
: table items are cleared. This is not the desired effect. I only want
: my table changes to revert back to the last commit, deleting even the
: most recent posts. Any ideas? Am I sol?

Yes, you're SOL if Forms on your platform is the same as Forms on the HP; the Users Guide explicitly states that a rollback inside a Forms trigger is treated as a call to clear_form.

The only suggestion I can make is to use a global variable to hold the values that you need, since a clear form will not erase global variables.

You might also try using clear block instead of rollback, and navigate explicitly to each base table block. Kludgy, but it should work :-)

If you find any other solution, please let me know.

Jonathan Received on Mon May 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message