Re: Any experience of SLIP/PPP SQL*NET connections ?

From: Guy Cox <cox2_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/05/15

In <3p0iib$oqn_at_sirio.cineca.it> dlcao3k1_at_dlcao3k1.nettuno.it (Eric Dolce) writes:

>In article <3nr89r$61d_at_mn5.swip.net>,
 michael.astrom_at_mailbox.swipnet.se
>says...
>>
>>Has anybody any experience of connecting Client's with SQL*NET TCP/IP

>>through SLIP/PPP(modem) connections, I've heard that it should be a

>>bulletin on this around (Hard to find).
I just finished a project using Microsoft's RAS client on the desktop and the Server on NT 3.5 ( i know it not guaranteed to run Oracle 7).

RAS ( as I understand it is built on top of PPP ). It ran like a champ, the only limitations were that of ODBC level 1.0 drivers ( stored procedures calls, scrollable cursors, etc. ). Complex ad-hoc queries on the client side can get a little pokey if the tables are large, Access in particular brings much of the requisite data back to the client to perform the joins. Other than that it works great. Received on Mon May 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message