Re: Oracle CDROM Install

From: Hari Seldon <bill_at_trout.finance.state.mn.us>
Date: 1995/05/08

In <3og3rv$t4o_at_chaos.dac.neu.edu>, jglickma_at_lynx.dac.neu.edu (jon glickman) writes:
>Does anybody have any advice on how to install Oracle 7.14-6 from a
>CDROM on a AIX platform. My friend said after he linked the directory
 ..

if i recall correctly, there is a script which creates a link farm of about 12mb or so. then you cd into the orainst there and go. i did have some problems with my cd and had to fix a few scripts to get it to install correctly.

the file unix.stp at about line 1377 needs that whole section (test ) commented out it's broken. and dict50.own & cgen20.sys both run oracles .profile (not a good idea)

hope this helps.

bill pociengel

so what is the wow wow wibble wobble wozzey woddle woo? 'so what's a flame but a polite message reduced to it's essence?' lilb pleceoing 'I'm a little confused right now' Received on Mon May 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message