Re: Oracle CDROM Install

From: Steve Butler <sbut-is_at_seatimes.com>
Date: 1995/05/08

On 6 May 1995, jon glickman wrote:
> Does anybody have any advice on how to install Oracle 7.14-6 from a
> CDROM on a AIX platform. My friend said after he linked the directory
> to the rom drive they had trouble. Instead of reading the install manual

Just installed 7.1.4 on an AIX. Followed the install manual to the letter and everything worked out. The steps are (as memory indicates):

  1. As root, create an ORA_MOUNT directory for mounting the CD with 777 chmod
  2. As root, create an ORA_LINK directory with 777.
  3. As root, mount -rv cdrfs /dev/cd0 /ORA_MOUNT (OK, I read the manual)
  4. As oracle, go to ORA_MOUNT/orainst and run the start.sh script. Tell it to link to ORA_LINK (or whatever you called it).
  5. go the the ORA_LINKI/orainst directory and proceed from there. Remember to do the rootpre.sh script before running orainst

--Steve

| Steve Butler          Voice:  206-464-2998         |
| The Seattle Times       Fax:  206-382-8898         |
| PO Box 70          Internet:  sbut-is_at_seatimes.com |
| Seattle, WA 98111    Packet:  KG7JE_at_N6EQZ.WA       |
All standard and non-standard disclaimers apply. All other sources are annonymous. Received on Mon May 08 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message