Re: MicroSoft Strikes Again

From: Jeff Schwartz <jeff.schwartz_at_sandiegoca.ncr.com>
Date: 1995/05/02

>==========Simon Paul, 4/27/95==========
>
>James,
>
>Whilst I can see your point, I feel you are somewhat
>misunderstanding why businesses exist....
>
>>>Never do business with anyone who says that the directors of a
>company's first
>duty is to make money at all costs. This may be a strategy for
>some
>shareholders, but other shareholders may want the business to
>persist, so they
>can make some money tomorrow as well as today.<<
>
>You tell me of one company that was started to make a loss as
>long as the customers were kept happy! Sure a company has to keep
>it's customers happy but that is a part of the Directors strategy
>to make money. Therefore, the Directors prime motive is to make
>money. To do that they have to stay in business and to do that
>they have to have some happy customers etc etc...
>
>Simon Paul } Oracle & Oracle Financials Consultants
>Dataforce Computing
>
>--
>Simon Paul } Oracle & Oracle Financials
>Dataforce Computing } Consulting anywhere in USA.
>73302.1014_at_compuserve.com }

Many startup companies expect losses for the first few years until their products and name become better known. This is especially true for innovative products. Existing companies whose directorship has changed from people who were involved with the products to people who know 'business' and are only interested in showing a profit are a different story.

Jeffrey A. Schwartz			jeff.schwartz_at_SanDiegoCA.ATTGIS.COM
AT&T Global Information Solutions	San Diego Porting Center
17095 Via del Campo ms 9853	San Diego, CA  92127
(619) 485-2052			VoicePlus 440-2052
Thunder and hell! What's wrong with ye?
GO REDWINGS Received on Tue May 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message