Re: Forms 4.5, Personal Oracle7 & FRM-40654

From: Jonathan Wayne Ingram <jwingram_at_whale.st.usm.edu>
Date: 1995/05/02

Lee Mayhew (lmayhew_at_ionet.net) wrote:

: I am devloping an application using Forms 4.5 and Personal Oracle7
: that has one central control block, that has the insert, update, delete
: properties turned off. This block is just to basically for querying
: data, although it is also used update, insert, or delete data for
: a corresponding table in the database. It does this by calling another
: block which will pops up a window where the user can change data in
: a block that doesnot correspond with any table. Once the user is
: finished editing data by pushing the "OK" button, the necessary update,
: or insert property is turned on and data is passed back to the central
: block where the data is commited to the database for the corresponding
: table.

: This works fine for the first update or insert. But when I try to update
: a record for a second time I get a "FRM-40654: Record has changed.
: Re-query to see changes.". The cause of error in the book says another
: user has changed the row. I don't understand this since I am runing
: Personal Oracle.

: Any ideas or suggestions?

My suggestion is to navigate to the second block with go_block, execute query, and then navigate back to the previous block. If I read your problem correctly, the user should not notice this happening.

: Thanks,
: Lee

Hope this helps.

Jonathan Received on Tue May 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message