Re: Skipping fields using SQL*Loader?

From: Steve Butler <sbut-is_at_seatimes.com>
Date: 1995/05/02

On 27 Apr 1995, George Brown wrote:

> Can SQL*Loader skip fields when loading? For example, say I had a file
> containing:
> 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
> Assume that the CTL file has a terminated by "," clause. I want to load:
> 1, 2, 3 into one table and
> 1, 4, and 5 into another table (using position(1) to reset to the
> begining of the line). Is there a way to do this?

Yes. You can load as many tables as you want to define in the CTL file. Each table is loaded only with those fields whose positions (fixed or positional) are defined for that table. I believe the Utilities manual has an example.

--Steve

| Steve Butler          Voice:  206-464-2998         |
| The Seattle Times       Fax:  206-382-8898         |
| PO Box 70          Internet:  sbut-is_at_seatimes.com |
| Seattle, WA 98111    Packet:  KG7JE_at_N6EQZ.WA       |
All standard and non-standard disclaimers apply. All other sources are annonymous. Received on Tue May 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message