gcc with Oracle 7.1.4 on Solaris???

From: David Windstrom <dwindstr_at_sirius.com>
Date: 1995/04/29

Trying to install Oracle 7.1.4 on a Sparc 5/Solaris 2.4. Since the cc compiler is not delivered with the OS, I downloaded FSF's gnu compiler, GCC, version 2.5.6 binaries for Sparc. Does anyone know if this is compatible with Oracle 7.1.4 for relinking during installation? If so, what do I need to do, for example, do I need to create soft links cc >> gcc, etc etc.

Please email me directly at <dwindstr_at_sirius.com>, and I'll summarize replies for the newsgroup.

--
David Windstrom + DW Enterprises = mailto:dwindstr_at_sirius.com