Re: Forms 4.0 Startup Failure ??

From: Jack Carter <jack.carter_at_nt.com>
Date: 1995/04/27

wkaufman_at_wkaufman.us.oracle.com (William Kaufman) wrote:

> In article <D7A65x.ID0_at_jabber.BTS.COM> phil_at_BTS.COM (Phil Eschallier) writes:
> ]
> ] i decided to take a look at the cde tools from oracle, however, i
> ] cannot even get the forms designer to start. the only version of the
> ] designer we have is the motif version (f40desm) -- invoking it, with
> ] or without command line options, results with:
> ]
> ] FRM-91109: Internal Error -- Application Startup Failure.
> ] FRM-10039: Unable to start up the Oracle Forms Designer.
>
> Try setting DEBUG_SLFIND. This will dump (a ton of) information on
> the files Forms is trying to find. Odds on, it's missing one of them,
> in which case it will say, "UNABLE TO LOCATE FILE". You may need to
> point an environment variable (e.g., FORMS40_RESOURCE) at it.
>
> Also, make sure your ORACLE_HOME points to the right directory.
>
> (Note to others: this info only applies on Unix, but most other OSes
> have similar variables. Check your IUG.)
>
> ] i cannot find anything in the forms docs that talk about any required
> ] environmental settings -- i did ensure that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH does
> ] contain /usr/dt/lib, the location of the solaris 2.x motif libraries.
>
> That shouldn't be it, since ld.so will fail if that's the case;
> Forms wouldn't even start up enough to display a message like that.
>
> -- Bill K.
>
> Bill Kaufman, | "Reverie is infinitely more sublime when it arises
> wkaufman_at_us.oracle.com | on company time." -- Osha Gray Davidson

I too am having difficulties in finding all the environment variables and X resources ... to set for the proper functioning of forms 4.0 If anyone has or finds out the definitive answer, please include me in your distribution of this info

jack.carter_at_nt.com Received on Thu Apr 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message