Re: Forms 4.0 Startup Failure ??

From: R. Steve Bergey X3664 {sun4} <rsb_at_pcdoh.pgh.wec.com>
Date: 1995/04/28

The original poster was concerned with the following errors when trying to start FORMS 4.0:

   FRM-91109: Internal Error -- Application Startup Failure.    FRM-10039: Unable to start up the Oracle Forms Designer.

I encountered the same errors when trying to start Forms 4.0 on Solaris 2.3 against a 7.0.16 database. In my instance (pardon the pun), the problem was the fact that the directory:

  /usr/lib/X11/nls

did not exist. When forms starts up, it simply checks the existance of this directory and fails (with the errors above) if it does not exist.

My system had such a directory under /usr/openwin/lib/X11, so I created a symbolic link from /usr/lib/X11/nls to /usr/openwin/lib/X11/nls and forms started. However, it is probably reasonable to assume that an application that fails in such a pitiful fashion for one problem, can likely fail in the same fashion for other reasons - thus you should follow the advice in the other followups to the original post regarding various environment variables and such.

rsb Received on Fri Apr 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message