Forms 4.0 Startup Failure ??

From: Phil Eschallier <phil_at_BTS.COM>
Date: 1995/04/19

hello oracle gurus:

we have been running several instances of oracle data bases for about 6 months -- our server environment is a sun 690mp running solaris 2.4. our oracle software is version 7.0.16.6.

i decided to take a look at the cde tools from oracle, however, i cannot even get the forms designer to start. the only version of the designer we have is the motif version (f40desm) -- invoking it, with or without command line options, results with:

FRM-91109: Internal Error -- Application Startup Failure. FRM-10039: Unable to start up the Oracle Forms Designer.

i cannot find anything in the forms docs that talk about any required environmental settings -- i did ensure that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH does contain /usr/dt/lib, the location of the solaris 2.x motif libraries. i have tried relinking commands and then i even did a complete re-install of the cde cd. nothing seems to work.

help?? hopefully i am just missing some config options.

thanx in advance.

| Phil Eschallier | Bux Technical Services |
| phil_at_bts.com or | P.O. Box 110 / Doylestown, PA 18901 |
| ...!dsinc!jabber!phil | (215) 348-9721 / Fax (215) 348-2567 |