Re: Dumb Pro*C Error- Help!

From: Jonathan Wayne Ingram <jwingram_at_whale.st.usm.edu>
Date: 1995/04/27

Joe Nardone (nardone_at_clark.net) wrote:
: Hi folks-

: Trying to compile a Pro*C program that compiles fine under
: Oracle 6 but running into some problems trying under 7.0.16-

: The two primary problems are:
: It complains about too many TO_CHAR functions in some cursors
: (I believe the problem here is that O7 is stricter about
: parameter checking for different types of conversions...)

: The second problem is a strange one. I have a SQL block
: in the code that updates a table. One of the fields in
: the table is named COUNT. However, Pro*C tries to parse
: this (for some unknown reason) as the COUNT() function.
: (Basically, the form is
: UPDATE table
: SET COUNT = 9999
: WHERE ... )
: How can I get this to interpret COUNT as a field name?
You could preface the field name with the table name, such as:

     update TABLE
        set TABLE.count = 999

That should do the trick, I think. If not, change the name of the column to not be a reserved word.

: Thanks,
: Joe

Good luck....
Jonathan Received on Thu Apr 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message