Dumb Pro*C Error- Help!

From: Joe Nardone <nardone_at_clark.net>
Date: 1995/04/21

Hi folks-

Trying to compile a Pro*C program that compiles fine under Oracle 6 but running into some problems trying under 7.0.16-

The two primary problems are:

   It complains about too many TO_CHAR functions in some cursors
(I believe the problem here is that O7 is stricter about
   parameter checking for different types of conversions...)

   The second problem is a strange one. I have a SQL block    in the code that updates a table. One of the fields in    the table is named COUNT. However, Pro*C tries to parse    this (for some unknown reason) as the COUNT() function.
(Basically, the form is

         UPDATE table
           SET COUNT = 9999
         WHERE ... )

   How can I get this to interpret COUNT as a field name?

Thanks,
Joe

Joe Nardone          |  "People don't run out of dreams,
nardone_at_clark.net    |      people just run out of time"  - G. Frey