Re: MS Access interface to Oracle 7

From: Doug Olson <olson_at_sseos.lbl.gov>
Date: 1995/04/27

> : Masood Haroon (mharoon_at_uh.edu) wrote:

> : : Does anyone have any experience using MS Access as a front-end
> : : with Oracle 7 as the back-end data-base server.

> : : We are running Oracle 7 on a Novell network and would like to use
> : : MS Access for user-interface.

> : : Appreciate any comments and suggestions.

You will need SQL*Net for Novell and Oracle ODBC and then you should be able to do it. Both those products should be available from Oracle.
I have used SQL*Net for TCP/IP and ODBC to access Oracle from both Access and Visual Basic.
The only drawback is that the ODBC interface gives you read only access to the Oracle database, i.e, no adds or updates.

Doug Olson
LBL Received on Thu Apr 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message