drop table owned by PUBLIC

From: Andy Lau <cklau_at_hkusua>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 1995 01:20:35 GMT

hello,

  I am currently using V6 DB. I imported a table which is exported from   another DB into my DB. When I wanted to modify its structure, it said   table or view does not exist. I was really puzzled since I can select   data from this table. So I tried to see who is the owner. I found   the owner of this table is PUBLIC. That's pretty strange as when I   imported the table, I didn't give any parameters and so by default,   the imported object should be owned by me. Any pointers can give me   some hints? Besides, how can I drop this table owned by PUBLIC? what   priviledge should I have in order to do it?

Thanks in advance!
Andy Lau
cklau_at_hkusua.hku.hk Received on Sun Mar 19 1995 - 02:20:35 CET

Original text of this message