Re: CDE2 with Windows NT

From: Bruce MacDonald <Bruce_MacDonald_at_mindlink.bc.ca>
Date: 18 Mar 1995 19:18:59 GMT

In article <3kd40p$qq8_at_butch.lmsc.lockheed.com>, stroup_at_grove.ops.lmsc.lockheed.com () says:

>I sure someone's already addressed this issue, but I was probably dozing
>at the time so...
>

> Does the current version of Oracle's CDE2 tools run under
> Windows NT? Does naybody have any experience in this area
> or know of any problems or restrictions.
>
>Almost any information would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks in advance...judie

I'm using the tools successfully on NT 3.5 Workstation.

I haven't been able to use the Reports Server on NT though -- I get GPF's, but I haven't done any digging yet to see if I can work around it.

Reports designer runs fine though. I'd suggest a fast PC for sure. It's a slug on a 486/33 w 16MB. It's better on my 486/66 with 32MB.

Bruce MacDonald                                Bruce_MacDonald_at_mindlink.bc.ca
Database Consultant
Cornerstone Computer Associates Inc.
Chairperson, Vancouver Oracle Users Group Received on Sat Mar 18 1995 - 20:18:59 CET

Original text of this message