Re: Newbie Q: Oracle and Novell

From: <dgilbert_at_shadow.net_at_shadow.net>
Date: 14 Mar 1995 14:45:15 GMT

>What are your sever specs.
> 1) Memory.
> 2) Number users
> 3) Server specs 486-33, 66, Pentium
> 4) 10, 100 Mbytes HUBS.
>
>Hint Oracle is memory hogs.

Compaq ProLiant Pentium/66 with 48mb RAM. 3 developers using Oracle, NO one else is using it. No Oracle production environment in place.

We are using 10-base-T with 10mbps HUBS (~40 total users). Performance on the network is very good, we are positive that it is not an issue.

[Second server on net is used as the application and print server. This server  is being used only by about 4 users from an accounting group as an app.  server. Their use is light at best.]

Oracle may be a memory hog, but at 96% cache hits it's hard to justify more memory! Received on Tue Mar 14 1995 - 15:45:15 CET

Original text of this message