Re: How the Hell !!!!

From: Hank Oredson <hanko_at_wv.mentorg.com>
Date: 15 Mar 1995 01:14:44 GMT

In article <D53EoB.Fr6_at_netrix.com>, mmayer_at_netrixgw.netrix.com (Mark Mayer) writes:
|> How the hell can a guy learn ORACLE if I can't get anyone to hire
|> me if I haven't touched it before and I can't touch it unless
|> someone hires me!!!! I've had experience with INGRESS and PC based
|> databases plus I have a degree in mathematics. What the Fuck am I
|> going to have to do Lie Steal Cheat!!!! There no room for us honesty
|> sons of bitches anymore.

Well ... you COULD go take some classes, read some books, and design a few database applications on your own ... should not be hard to do with your Ingres and PC database experience.

Then you would have Oracle experience.

However, if you come across in interviews like you do in the above paragraph, it ain't gonna help ...

Perhaps your local McDonalds is hiring (but they would want you to clean up your language ...)

   ... Hank

--

Hank Oredson _at_ Mentor Graphics             Library Operations
Internet     : hank_oredson_at_mentorg.com    "Parts 'R Us!"