Windows NT reliable DB server platform ?

From: Ernst Kloecker <ernst_at_fritz.snafu.de>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 12:16:27 GMT

Hallo,

since Windows NT itself and RDBMSs from various vendors for NT are priced very reasonably we are considering to use NT as the server OS instead of Unix or Netware. So maybe somebody with some experience in this area could answer some questions :

Has anybody used Windows NT as a RDBMS server for a while now ?

Did NT ever crash or did you have to reboot ?

Which RDBMS are you using ?

Does the RDBMS work as you are used to from other OS's (Unix, Netware) ?

Is the performance o.k. ?

Thanks for any info !

I will summarize and post if there is any interest.

Cheers, Ernst.

Ernst Kloecker ernst_at_fritz.snafu.de