Re: Which DB? PAradox, Access, other?

From: <stevez1_at_ibm.net>
Date: 4 Mar 1995 23:15:32 GMT

In <3io5i0$erk_at_news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>, jsikora_at_ibm.net writes:
>I'd take a quick look at Access with some of the add-on products.
>There were several vendors producing trouble ticket like databases applications
>for not a lot of money <$150. No need to write on. If you really bent on writing another
>one of them, Access or Paradox are about tradeoffs. There are some network
>implications if you're running a lot of remote (to the detriment of Access)

What type of network implications re: Access? Do you feel that Paradox better performs on a LAN? We are planning to use Access on a LAN with 4 to 10 users. Not too transactional - mostly filtering a database to obtain sale leads.

Steven R. Zuch
Cogent Management Inc. Received on Sun Mar 05 1995 - 00:15:32 CET

Original text of this message