Re: Windows NT reliable DB server platform ?

From: david gunn <gunnd_at_just.gov.ab.ca>
Date: 8 Mar 1995 21:00:15 GMT

In article <D4x0rF.q7_at_fritz.snafu.de>, ernst_at_fritz.snafu.de says...

>Hallo,
>
>since Windows NT itself and RDBMSs from various vendors for NT are
 priced
>very reasonably we are considering to use NT as the server OS
>instead of Unix or Netware. So maybe somebody with some experience
>:
>:
>--

I am interested in knowing also. Is anyone using Windows NT & SQL Server in a c/s environment for a critical application (E.g. on-site registration system for thousands of attendees). If so, information on number of users and peak transaction volume & duration stats would be appreciated. Also, how well does it handle remote c/s processing.

David Gunn