Re: How to create a copy of an Instance?

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 21 Feb 1995 23:43:08 GMT

On 16 Feb 1995, Michael Nolan wrote:

>> What's the easiest way to create a duplicate copy of an instance.

Just to let folks know, with several excellent suggestions from the net, I have managed to accomplish my cloning task. I plan to write up a short summary of the procedure and submit it for the DBA FAQ. (With some modification the steps I took would also work to move some or all of your datafiles to new disk locations, including the system tablespace.)

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_notes.tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.geis.com
(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)