Re: How to create a copy of an Instance?

From: Steve Butler <sbut-is_at_seatimes.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 07:56:23 -0800

On 16 Feb 1995, Michael Nolan wrote:
> Steve Butler <sbut-is_at_seatimes.com> writes:
> >On 14 Feb 1995, Michael Nolan wrote:

> >> What's the easiest way to create a duplicate copy of an instance
>
> [Most of recommended procedure deleted] I received a similar recommendation
> from another reader in the Netherlands. (isn't the net wonderful!)
>
> complaining that the database name isn't the same as that in the headers,
> and it won't create the control files. The SQL Reference Manual for 7.0

I had something similar. However, if memory is correct, that was when the COPIED control files were still on the machine. When those were deleted, I could create the new control files using a new name for the database. Perhaps there was something else going on (reference my change to the ARCHIVELOG portion of the script).

Anyway, good luck!

--Steve

| Steve Butler          Voice:  206-464-2998         |
| The Seattle Times       Fax:  206-464-2905         |
| PO Box 70          Internet:  sbut-is_at_seatimes.com |
| Seattle, WA 98111    Packet:  Not currently active |
All standard and non-standard disclaimers apply. All other sources are annonymous. Received on Tue Feb 21 1995 - 16:56:23 CET

Original text of this message