Re: Oraperl and Oracle 7.1

From: Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 10:02:25 +0000

In article <3i2ab3$4li_at_ef2007.efhd.ford.com>, Bill Meahan <wmeahan_at_ef0424.efhd.ford.com> wrote:
>A quickie (I hope): Has oraperl been successfully built against Oracle 7.1.x, specifically on
>HP-UX 9.04 by anyone out there?
>
>We are migrating from Oracle 6 to Oracle 7 and have a number of criitical functions built in oraperl.
>We have a small Oracle 7.0.16 test instance up and I've successfully built oraperl against that,
>but when we begin the "real" migration, we'd just as soon move directly to 7.1.x but the availability
>of oraperl is the determining factor. I've seen some conflicting posts in this group so I thought I'd
>ask first.
>
>Thanks!
>
>(BTW, we're chomping at the bit to use Perl 5/DBI against Oracle so c'mon perl-porters!!!)

So am I.

The perl5-porters are, sadly, not working on the DBI/DBD. In fact the delay in the arrival of the DBI is partly due to my spending so many hours working on perl5-porter issues (especially MakeMaker).

I am, once again, applying real man hours to the DBI.

>--
>Bill Meahan, Senior Developer | wmeahan_at_ef0424.efhd.ford.com

Regards,
Tim Bunce. Received on Mon Feb 20 1995 - 11:02:25 CET

Original text of this message