Re: SGI IRIX 5.2 to IRIX 5.3 upgrade with ORACLE 7

From: Barry Tallis <tallisb_at_python.CS.ORST.EDU>
Date: 9 Feb 1995 16:05:46 GMT

Hi there,

I tried upgrading to IRIX 5.3, a few weeks ago. I had problems with the installer not working correctly. I called support, and they stated that Oracle 7.1.4 (3?) has not been fully tested under IRIX 5.3, and they recommended going back to 5.2.

On another note, have you had any problems of core dumps while using Motif based Oracle programs? I'm running on a Indigo^2 with 96mg of RAM and a 2 gig hardrive. What kind of setup are you running?

  • Barry Tallis